Knowing what to pack in your hospital bag can be tricky, especially if you’re a first-time mom. But don’t you worry. We took out the guesswork for you and put together a list of the essential items you need to pack for you and your new baby.
What to Pack in Your Hospital Bag When Pregnant
A mom-to-be in her third-trimester should have prepared a hospital go bag by then. Even when you’re still halfway through your pregnancy, it is best to be prepared.
- Important documents & information
– Pre-register at the hospital where you want to give birth
– Choose your preferences for labor and delivery
– Have your birth plan on hand and communicate it to your OB-GYN
– Your doctor’s phone numbers, ID and insurance cards
- 2-3 Sets of pajamas
- Nursing bras (non-wire)
- Breastfeeding pillow or cushion
- Clean underwear
- Comfy socks and sandals
- A loose and comfortable ‘going home’ outfit
- Organic nipple cream
- Nursing pads
- Cellphone, camera, and chargers
- Non-perishable snacks
Your ‘hospital bag checklist for mom’ does not have to be overly complicated. One basic thing to remember is you should never forget to pack toiletries.
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Face wipes
- Lotion and hand cream
- Lip balm
- Hairbrush and hair ties
- Maternity pads
Your little one has to be warm, clean, and safe, especially when you make that first trip out of the hospital. Anything a baby needs from blankets to an infant car seat must be prepared.
- Zippered onesies
- A soft and warm blanket
- Easy swaddle or muslin squares
- Newborn mittens
- Footed one-piece sleepsuits
- Baby wipes
- Beanie & jacket (especially for winter babies)
- Newborn diapers
- Newborn baby wash
- Milk bottles & nipples
- Going home outfit (in a few sizes to ensure fit)
- Infant car seat and/or carrier
Not too sure what to pack in your hospital bag? Check out this video:
Choosing what to pack in your hospital bag may be challenging. But we’re hoping we save you the trouble with our handy list. Remember, you and your little one have to be as comfortable, clean, and safe as possible. So, remember to pack the must-have items in your hospital bag.
Do you know other essential things to pack in a hospital bag? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below!